Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Saurabh Khanna. Saurabh Khanna. is offline

Default Automatic populate Sheet2 with data from Sheet1 based on criteria.

Hello,

I have two Worksheets Sheet1 and Sheet2.
I want to automatically fill up the Sheet2 with the records copied from the
Sheet1 with selected columns.

For example, Sheet1 looks like following:
A B C D
R1 1 3 1 1
R2 2 2 2 3
R3 1 1 2 1
R4 4 3 5 4

Now blank Sheet2(to be automatically populated) looks like following:
A B
R1
R2
R3
R4

What I want is that Records from the Sheet1 should be selected based on
criteria and Sheet2 to be filled automatically with selected columns.

Example:
Records should be searched in Sheet1 where if a row is having column B's or
column C's value as "2", then Sheet1's respective row's columns to be
populated in Sheet2's column(let us suppose only cloumn A and B) for every
qualifying record, And I should get Row2 and Row3(which matches this
condition) as records in Sheet2 populated.

How can I get this, or which formula approach I can opt?

Thank You,
Saurabh Khanna.