Peo Sjoblom

If you mean the cell that holds this formula

=OFFSET(INDIRECT(ADDRESS(ROW(),COLUMN())),-1,0,1,1)

if you put that formula in A2 it will return what's in A1

Peo Sjoblom

"JustMe" wrote in message
I've googled n googled n searched but can not find the answer so I thought
I'd ask.

Does Excel 97 or later have a "this cell" type reference ability? By this
I mean the ability to do something like the following:

If xy is an arbitrary cell address, then a formula like
=OFFSET(<ThisCell,-1,0,1,1) stored in xy would resolve to
=OFFSET(xy,-1,0,1,1), which incidently, is not circular.

<ThisCell might have the form R[0]C[0], R*C*, A*1*, **, etc., assuming
these notation are not used by Excel.

Thanks,

L Anderson