Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gaffnr Gaffnr is offline

Default Remittance Advice

tell me about it but our ERP does not handle it - can you believe it. A
multi national piece of software too!

--
Rob Gaffney

"Gordon" wrote:

"Gaffnr" wrote in message
Hi, I have a data extract that I can draw from a main system into Excel
(or
CSV or txt file). From this, I wanted to build a remittance advice into
word, in a special layout.

The file will be along the lines of:

Supplier number, name, address line 1, line 2, city, post code, invoice #,
inv amount, currency.

The data will be for mutliple suppliers, some with mutliple invoices.

Is it possible to create a data merge that puts the supplier address in
certain places on the word doc, the same with the invoice details and
makes a
total. Each supplier will start a new page - is this possible?

Why are you trying to re-invent the wheel? There are plenty of accounting
programs for small businesses, not expensive, that will do all this and
more.
Much easier and painless to use one of those.

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level