Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Striker Striker is offline

Default Program find a 5 minute gap

Well I finally did get it to work with this =F3-F2 1/24/60*5

However you can't apparently use the Greater than conditional format, you
have the use the formula option. At least thats the only thing I changed,
and it worked.

Thanks for all the help.

"Billy Liddel" wrote in message
Try this in conditional format

Formula is:

=MINUTE(G2)-MINUTE(OFFSET(G2,1,0))=5

this worked for me.

Peter Atherton

"Striker" wrote:

Here is some actual data from the cell. You can see the third one down
is
more than 5 minutes from the one above it. It is close to a 6 hour
difference. If I use a formula, these come in each day and I might have
apply that formula daily. This is why I was thinking a module.

2008-12-02 9:15:02.900
2008-12-02 9:15:06.700
2008-12-02 3:54:41.400
2008-12-02 3:58:16.300
2008-12-02 4:04:31.400
2008-12-02 4:04:32.800
2008-12-02 4:05:15.000
2008-12-02 4:12:42.900

"Striker" wrote in message
Excel 2007 [Square Brackets] used to represent a Cell. They do not
exist
in the data of the cell.

I have a column spreadsheet that has 15K records. IN column "G" all
records have a date/tame like [2008-12-03 09:54:08.100]. What I need
do is search through that column to the end of the file and find any
gaps
that may be 5 minutes or longer and highlight that row.

So the above, I need to search 09:54 and see if the next row has 09:59
or
greater. If so highlight the row, if not move down one row and do the
same check. I'm looking to see if the row below is equal to or greater
than a 5 minute difference from the cell above.

Does this make any sense?

I am aware I will most likely need to do this in code. I am using
Excel
2007, and am somewhat familiar with modules, but have not worked with
them
for a few years. Seems like I need a do until End of file and a for
each
loop, but just a little lost on the details. Just got Excel 2007, so
it's
new.

I also need to be careful to work with this workbook and this tab as
there
will be many in the book.

Thanks for any help