Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Hyperlink to cell and have it appear at top upper left hand co

If you are hyperlinking between cells on the same sheet, Insert this tiny
event macro in the worksheet code area:

Private Sub Worksheet_FollowHyperlink(ByVal Target As Hyperlink)
Application.Goto ActiveCell, scroll:=True
End Sub

This will not work with hyperlinks created by functions.

Because it is worksheet code, it is very easy to install and use:

1. right-click the tab name near the bottom of the window
2. select View Code - this brings up a VBE window
3. paste the stuff in and close the VBE window

If you save the workbook, the macro will be saved with it.

To remove the macro:

1. bring up the VBE windows as above
2. clear the code out
3. close the VBE window

To learn more about macros in general, see:

To learn more about Event Macros (worksheet code), see:

Gary''s Student - gsnu200816

"Bisonhawk" wrote:

I'm not sure how I would go about doing that. I also have some defined names
with hyperlinks on the same sheet. Example: Cell A100 links to AA2. When I
click on A100, it takes me to AA2 but it is clear to the right of the screen.

"galimi" wrote:

There must be a better way, but I would programatically check the left & top
values of the cell and move a temporary cursor right & down until the
original cell was as close to zero on the left & top as possible.
--
http://www.ExcelHelp.us

888-MY-ETHER ext. 01781474

"Bisonhawk" wrote:

I am new user. I have created 3 worksheets and defined names for certain
cells. I have then created hyperlinks for those cells to go to other named
cells. My problem is that when I click on the hyperlinked cell, Excel goes
to the correct cell but I would like to have it appear at the top left corner
of the spreadsheet. It instead might appear at the middle or right hand side
of the spreadsheet. What can I do to correct this? Thank you in advance
for anyones response.