Dave Peterson

Use windows start button|search
to look for all *.xls
then sort by last modified date.

Or look for *stuff*
to see if you didn't name the file correctly.

Heck, you could use the advanced search options to look for files that were
updated "last night".

remember to look through hidden folders for hidden files, too.

boyshanks wrote:

I need help desparately. Last night I spent several hours working on an
Excel 2002 spreadsheet and it has disappeared.

I saved it routinely as I was making many changes updates etc. I opened
original file --stuff.xls --- made changes and saved it as again as
stuff.xls. I have done this several times before.

Today, when I go to open stuff.xls, it is nowhere to be found!!!!! I have
done a search, for any file modified since Thurs and nothing has appeared. I
have checked the recycle bin, this did not go into auto recover nothing of
the like. I am just traumatized, because I have NEVER had anything like this
happen before.

I even thought perhaps I didn't save it as often as I thought, (I know that
I did) but I remembered that I saved it at least once and I can't even find
an Excel file that has been modified since Thurs!!!

Does anyone have any idea what could have happened to this file?? BTW, I
have prayed, rebooted, run spybot, called witch doctor, all with no success.

I have never had a file to just disappear with no trace. Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance---

--

Dave Peterson