Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Countif funtion

Try this...

Locations in column A
Products in column B

E1 = Corniche area
F1 = A

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A10=E1),--(B1:B10=F1))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"rajesh.b." wrote in message
hi

i am trying to count cells in one column that match a criteria another
column

Table A Table B Table C
Location Product Company

Ports Area A XYX co
Corniche area B ABC co
City area B DTS co
Village area C GHK co
Corniche area A PQR co
City area C ABC co

Here i know from the above table that there are two companies in
"corniche
area" bu doing count but how do i get how many companies in 'corniche area
'
that buy product A ?

regards

rajesh

"Dot" wrote:

I'm trying to bring three columns together that checks for a condition of
persons name and counts how many items were processed. I have the first
function =COUNTIF(Assignments!K2:M1669,"Brian") that's working but I
don't
want it to include the blank cells only cells that have "closed". What
information am I missing? I tried including the nested argument If but
keep
getting a value error.
--
Dot