Nick Hodge

Dan

You can dramatically limit the number of formats and still keep it way down
to double digit formats, by defining and using FormatStyles...

I don't know how you would count them except to write huge amounts of
code...anyone?

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Dan" wrote in message
Actually I have exceeded the format limit and it can crash
Excel. I don't know of any way of seeing how may formats
are in the file.

Different formats range from shading, to a line, bold
line, bold text, conditional formatting, etc...

I have a file over 18,000 KB in size, used for users
inputting model informtion to upload into Access. The
formats make it user friendly, easy to highlight entry
cells.

The best thing is to have the user limmit the number of
formats, (colors, lines, conditional formats) in larger
files. Once they excede the limit, they may not be able
to undo it and lose a lot.