Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
David David is offline

Default Automatically deleting macros

Thanks Peo,
Is there a way to save a macro so that it is available in any workbook
and doesn't require being save again after it is run.
--
Thanks,
David

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

If you put the macro in your personal.xls and when you close excel you will
be prompted to save personal.xls
and then you should click yes. If you don't do that the macro will be gone
next time excel opens.
If you haven't closed excel yet the macro should be available but it will
need to be applied from the personal.xls
Press Alt + F8 and you will see the macros you have. Of course if the macro
was specified to run on a particular sheet
in a particular workbook you will get an error if you try to run it for
another workbook or in another sheet

Peo Sjoblom

"David" wrote in message
I recorded and ran a macro for the the first time and it worked beautifully
but I was suprised that I was not able to fing the macro to run it in a
different workbook. I saved the macro in my Personal Macro Workbook. Do
macros automatically delete or move themselves after they are run? Do I
have
to save changes to the workbook the macro was run in for the macro to be
saved? Thanks in advance.
--
Thanks,
David