Gladys83 Gladys83 is offline
Junior Member

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladys83 View Post
In the same workbook, I created links from one worksheet to an other.
For some of the cells (all in the same column), instead of seeing the content of the cell, I see the formula as in the formula bar.

For example: In the cell D12 of a worksheet called 'Summary', I want to make a link to the value that appears in the cell D12 of the worksheet called 'Revenues - Retrieve'. The result that appears is this one " ='Revenues - Retrieve'!D12 " , instead of the content of the cell D12.

This happens to me sometimes with an other file, which is quite heavy (15Go) with a lot of formulas. In this case, I fix the problem by selecting the cells one after the other, I press F2 then Enter. At times, I fix it by saving the file and when necessary closing and re-opening the file.

But none of this seems to be working with the file I'm using at the moment. I closed it, closed Excel, logged off, logged on, re-opened the file, but nothing is changing.

Other info:
-The file is only 1.34Mo.
-I use the option "manual calculation" and press F9 every time I need to refresh a calculation or a link
-I use Excel 2003.

Have any of you ever accountered a similar problem?
Many thanks in advance for your help!

Gladys.
I found the solution: The cells with the formulas that would not convert were in text format instead of numbers: This is why the links would not work.

I can't believe it is that simple!