Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Chops Chops is offline

Default How do I sort a excel file by how many words ie all lines with

they are in the sme row, but not seperated by commas there is just a space
between the words. Does the second formula still work.

Thanx
Carolin

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

If the words are in separate cells, (e.g., columns A:D), and A is filled
first, then B,C,D, then one way:

Autofilter the list, then in the column C autofilter dropdown,
choose "Show Blanks"

If the words are in separate cells, and the columns may be randomly
filled or blank, in E1 enter

=COUNTA(A1:D1)

and filter on column E <= 2

If the words are in one cell per row (e.g., in column A), separated by
commas, put this in B1:

=COUNTA(A1)+LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,",",""))

Filter column B on B <= 2

In article ,
Chops wrote:

I have an excel file with 18000 keywords in it. Some of the lines are up to
4 words per line. How do I sort it so I can only see the lines that have 1
or 2 keywords on them??