Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Identifying unique values among duplicates

Try this array formula** entered on Sheet1:

=COUNT(1/FREQUENCY(IF((H2:H9=Sheet2!A1)*(I2:I9=Sheet2!C1),A 2:A9),A2:A9))

CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER (not just ENTER)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"bob" wrote in message
If sheet2 cols A and C match the value in sheet1 cols H and I, I want to
return the number of unique values in sheet 1 column A. Can anyone provide
formula for accomplishing this:

The following example should yield a result of 2 for the Arenas/Bibby
combination because there are two rows in sheet1 where Arenas is in colH
and
Bibby in colI, AND the date in colA is unique (10/29/08 and 10/30/08):

sheet2
colA colC
Arenas Bibby

sheet1