Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CRS CRS is offline

Default football squares

If you are familiar with office football pools, based on the score, you will
probably know what I need without further explanation. But, just in case,
here goes:

Consider a grid, rix 11r x 11c (say a1:k11). People choose individual cells
in b2:k11. a2:a11 will need to be populated randomly with a single,
non-repeating integer with a value from 0 to 9. Likewise for b1:k1. The
intersection of the row and column would represent the final digits of the
scores of the 2 teams at a given time (say the end of a quarter, half or
final). Cell A1 has no influence in this example.

Sorry I was not more clear in my initial post.

"Sheeloo" wrote:

Requirement is not clear.

What is the size of the string? How many strings you want?

"CRS" wrote:

I am in need of a formula or function to generate a random string containing
the integers 0-9, with no repitition. I have tried using RANDOM and
RANDOMBETWEEN, but am not sure how to avoid repition.