Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
John C[_2_] John C[_2_] is offline

Default Variable Or Command

Simplified your formula a little bit:
=OR(INDIRECT("K2:K"&$L2)<=30)
But your formula is correct as is, however, it is an **array** formula. When
you enter the formula, instead of just pressing the enter or tab key, you
must press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER. You will know you entered it correctly because
it will be surrounded by the curly brackets in the formula bar { }
--
** John C **

"str83dgeboi" wrote:

I am trying to figure this out... I want to do something like

=OR(K2:K(L2) <=30) where L2 is a variable number, so it would end up being

L2 = 4 (but it is the sum of several numbers used else where)
=OR(K2:K4 <=30)
and this way it checks if
K2 <= 30
K3 <= 30
K4 <= 30

And will return True if one of these is true...

I tried =OR(INDIRECT("K"&2&":K"&$L2) <=30)
Which only checks the first one and not the others

Any ideas?