Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
Magnus Flysjö Magnus Flysjö is offline

Default Links not updating automatically

If you'd like to email me the files at Bill underscore Manville at
Compuserve dot com, I will take a look and report the problem to
Microsoft if I can reproduce it.

Sure I will do that, I have just asked the guy here working with it to put
together a step-by-step guide to reproduce the bug.
In the meantime I will answer the questions you wrote to Lisa

If you go into Edit Links, select a link and click Update Values do the
values change?

No, nothing changes, some cells with links still show zeros

If not, if you open the source workbook do the values change?

Yes, If I open the source workbook, the links get updated and show the
values correctly

If not, if you Ctrl+Alt+F9 do the values change?

No,
If the source workbook isn't open while I open the first workbook containing
the links, some cells with links will show zeros, the only thing that seems
to work is if I open the actual source workbook.

It looks like we have reached some kind of memory limitation in Excel
regarding how many links you can have or something, but the strange thing is
that it works if the source workbook is open in Excel, otherwise it dont.
I will send the files tomorrow, would be great if you could have a look at
this, really appriciated.

/Magnus