Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
darryl darryl is offline

Default XY Scatter graph: x-axis picking up row numbers instead of val

Hi Jon,

Your fix works great (thank you) when the numbers in the range are hard
coded. Trouble is that many of the cells in the x-axis range contain IF
statements and these IF statements contain imbeded vlookups. Any work around
for these?

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Make sure the X values range contains only numerical values, no text.
Sometimes when data is imported from an external source, even the numbers
are imported as text. You can select a column, and use Data menu Text to
Columns to convert it to numbers.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Darryl" wrote in message
When plotting an XY scatter graph, my x-axis values are picking up the row
numbers instead of the values which I've inlcuded in the range.
Highlighting
a data point shows the following [Series 1 Point "15.00" (67,18.75)]. The
x-value is showing 67, which is the row number where the data point is
located. The x-value should be the 15.00, which is what I have inlcuded
in
the x-value range.

I've checked that the X & Y ranges are pointing to the correct cell ranges
and that I have a scatter graph & not a line graph. Any suggestions as
how
to fix this? I'm using excel 2003.