Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default How do I stop a toolbar that always turns on when I open Excel?

A recent posting from Jim Rech addresses this.

Jim post..................

The Reviewing toolbar in Excel pops up whenever you open a workbook that has
been emailed from within Excel "for review". There may be other ways to
make this happen too.

Gord adds this part........................

One other way that makes it happen is when you open via hyperlink.

Resume Jim post...............................

If you do a File, Properties you'll see the custom
file properties that have been added that triggers this.

You can kill the added file properties manually or run the below macro to do
it. This macro is in my Personal and attached to a toolbar button because I
feel the same way as you about this toolbar.

Sub KillReviewingCustProps()
Dim x As DocumentProperties
Dim Counter As Integer
Set x = ActiveWorkbook.CustomDocumentProperties
For Counter = x.Count To 1 Step -1
If Left(x.Item(Counter).Name, 1) = "_" Then _
x.Item(Counter).Delete
Next
CommandBars("Reviewing").Visible = False
End Sub

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 09:26:01 -0700, Purge Thunder <Purge
wrote:

Every time I open Excel XP the Reviewing toolbar automatically opens as well.
How do I prevent this from happening?