Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jpnach jpnach is offline

Default xls file will not launch

Running Excel 2007 (hate it by the way) and this did not work for me. I
tried the unregister / register and it did not do anything. But I could not
find the "ignore other
applications" anywhere in options. Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Sometimes one of these works when you're having trouble with double clicking on
the file in windows explorer:

Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it)

--- or ---

Close Excel and
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /unregserver
then
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /regserver

The /unregserver & /regserver stuff resets some of the windows registry to
excel's factory defaults.

atlantic grouper wrote:

When I double click on a .xls file, the program lauches, but the data does
not. If I start excel first then open the file from the menu bar the data is
present.

--

Dave Peterson