Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ed[_4_] Ed[_4_] is offline

Default Sorting and maintaining formula integrity

Thanks for your reply.

I have so many products (200+) with so many different percentage variables
in column A and it would be difficult to include the percentages in your
formula.

How can I freeze column D's formulas before sorting?

Thanks.

Ed.

"Max" wrote in message
Just include col A in your pre-sort selection
Or freeze col D's formulas before you sort
Or put something like this in D2, copied down:
=INDEX({0.13;0.1;0.05;0.08;0.14;0.12},MATCH(B2,{5; 4;6;2;1;3},0))
(above basically hardcodes the pre-sort association between cols A & B -
that's the key)
--
Max
Singapore
"Ed" wrote:
I have an Excel Sorting question:

I have the following Table:

A B C D
% Rank Cost Markup
13% 5 1.00 =A2
10% 4 2.00 =A3
5% 6 3.00 =A4
8% 2 4.00 =A5
14% 1 5.00 =A6
12% 3 6.00 =A7
etc..

When I select columns B, C & D and sort by "Rank" in Ascending Order, I
lose
the integrity of the "Markup" column (column D). The results in columns
B &
C get sorted properly Except for column D as follows:

B C D
Rank Cost Markup
1 5.00 13% (=A2)
2 4.00 10% (=A3)
3 6.00 5% (=A4)
4 2.00 8% (=A5)
5 1.00 14% (=A6)
6 3.00 12% (=A7)
etc..

What formula can I enter in column D instead of simply entering =A2, =A3,
etc..?