Mr. Moose

Thanks for the answer, even though it's not the one I wanted to hear.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

If the fields you are adding are numeric the default is SUM, COUNT is the
default for text. Are the columns you add empty (blanks), that is probably
seen as text thus COUNT and there is no way AFAIK to change the default

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Mr. Moose" wrote:

When I drag fields into a pivot table, the field setting is automatically set
to "count". Is there a way to change this to default to "sum" so I don't
have to go into the Field Settings... dialog for every single blasted column
of my pivot table?

Thanks.