Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
joel joel is offline

Default error "Excel has found unreadable Content"

Make sure you are saving the file on the same version of excel you are using.
Try doing a SAVEAS to a new filename and the re-opening the new file.

You may want to search for "corrupted" at this site to see other solutions.
the last time I ran into this problem was in a posting a couple of weeks ago
Can't find the posting. But a person was sending files to multiple coutries
and depending on which county saved the file and which one opened the file
the same error message came up.

"JLMHoss" wrote:

I created a large multi-sheet workbook with lots of Vba macro stuff.

This worksheet has been working fine until lately. Just recently after some
minor revisions I saved the file as I always have. The file will open fine,
but as soon as make even a minor edit and save the file, the next time I go
to open the file I get the following error message:
"Excel found unreadable content in "*****.xls" Do you want to recover the
contents of this workbook?"

If I answer "yes" and open the file all of the formatting and background Vba
code is gone.

Any suggestions how I can test the worksheet for unreadable content prior to
saving?

--
Thanks for your help

JLMHoss :)