Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Freshman Freshman is offline

Default Different password for different worksheet

Hi macropod,

I'm interested to have a macro to protect worksheets with different
passwords, then I can assign the passwords to each individual user. May I
have the code as I'm a VBA idiot.

Thanks.

"macropod" wrote:

Hi Freshman,

In short, yes, It's possible. For any given sheet look under tools|Protection|Protect Sheet. The problem you're likely to have,
however, is that your users will forget to re-protect the worksheet before saving & closing the workbook.

For something more sophisticated, you could write a macro that prevents a user accessing a worksheet unless they provide a password
for it.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Freshman" wrote in message ...
Dear expert,

I want to create a workbook with different worksheets for different users.
For security purpose, I want different worksheet has a different password to
protect so that the only authorized user can edit the content on his/her
designated worksheet.
For example, sheet "marketing" has a password "1234" and sheet "sales" has a
password "1235" to protect. Is it possible? Please kindly advise.

Thanks in advance.