Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
ziploc_chik[_2_] ziploc_chik[_2_] is offline

Default need to learn it all... quickly!

Just couldn't wait to share with you that I completely taught myself the
basics and aced the job interview. As I mentioned, the interview involved a
TEST on the BASICS excel so if I wouldn't be cheating anyone out of a job
that they deserved because I'd have to have the skills to pass the test.
Which I did - with flying colours.

I've been offered the job... it's secretarial work. I don't *need* to know
how to make pivot tables. There's a difference between having moral
standards and sticking your head up your backside.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Do you really think it fair to yourself or your employer to apply for a job
you are unqualified for.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"ziploc_chik" wrote in message
I've got a job interview for an office administration position in a week's
time. I've said that I'm familiar with all Microsoft Office applications
which is a bit of an exaggeration as I have never really used Excel that
much.

I have been using the MSN tutorials online and I'm finding them very
user-friendly, and easy to follow. However, there are almost forty
different
lessons and I won't have time to do them all. During my interview I have
been told I will be sitting a 20 minute test on Excel... which of the
lessons
would you suggest as the most necessary to study??

Kind thanks.