Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
Bill Manville Bill Manville is offline

Default Error message #N/A appears in linked cells

Jake wrote:
Here is a sample formula:

Nothing obvious, I fear - but you knew that.
Do the cells in the source book referenced by the formulas that return
#N/A themselves contain formulas?

If so, we might be looking in the wrong place and find that the cells
in the source book (as saved) themselves contain #N/A and so are being
faithfully represented. When you open the source workbook though it is
recalculated and you don't see the #N/A ??

I'm largely out of ideas - haven't experienced this issue myself - or
heard about it from anyone else. The only workaround I can suggest is
opening the source workbook.

I'm willing to look at the workbooks if you would like to send them
(though possibly the problem won't transfer with them). Bill
underscore Manville at Compuserve dot com

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England