Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
SGfla SGfla is offline

Default Can Excel automatically insert current date in a cell?

PaulB (or anyone) - I have a question about inserting a current date into a
spreadsheet, but I don't want the date to change once I've saved it, closed
it and reopened it on a different date. Can you explain the formula to
insert the current date in a cell (or range of cells) and once you save, that
date stays, but the next day enters that current date?

"Paul B" wrote:

AdrianXing, you could put =TODAY() in a cell and it will up date, if you
don't want the date to change after you put it in use some code in the
workbook open event to do it, like this

Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1") = Date

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"AdrianXing" wrote in message
Does anyone know of a function that can make Excel automatically insert
the
current date into a cell when a file is opened up?