Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Mia Mia is offline

Default Date-error Format

I'm using at swedish version of Excel and I´m writing the Swedish characters
ååååmmdd, it´s the same for yyyymmdd.

Dateformat 20080715 gets
=TEXT(H12;"yyyy") answer 2008
=TEXT(H12;"dd") answer 15
=TEXT(H12;"mm") answer 00

//
Mia

"Dave Peterson" skrev:

Your sample formula is kind of messed up by the special characters in that
formatting string.

Are you sure you use yyyy to indicate years in the =text() formula?

If you're not using an English version of excel, you'll want to share what
you're using.

I'd use this (in the USA):

=text(a1,"yyyymmdd")
or
=text(a1;"yyyymmdd")
(with the semicolon as the list separator)

You may want to type a date in a cell, then use format|Cells|number tab
and choose special and then use the equivalent of:
yyyymmdd

Mia wrote:

I´m trying to do a sheet make o new date format. The new format should be
yyyymmdd. I have 2008-07-01 (yyyy-mm-dd), but it responds 20080001.
The formula I´m using are =TEXT(cell; "ååååmmdd"), do anyone know what´s
wrong?

BR
Mia

--