Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] tduyhao@gmail.com is offline

Default Drop Down List - Select Multiple Items

On May 1, 6:49*am, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote:
See Debra Dalgleish's site for a workbook download showing how to select
multiple items from a DV list.

DV0017 - Select Multiple Items from Dropdown List-- Select multiple items from a
dropdown list; an event macro stores selections in adjacent cell, or in same
cell. DataValMultiSelect.zip 18kb *updated 22-Feb-07

http://www.contextures.on.ca/excelfiles.html#DataVal

Gord Dibben *MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 13:48:01 -0700, VLH wrote:
I need to select multiple items from a drop-down list that I created because
there are times where more than one item is needed. *

For example, my drop-down list might contain the following:
apples, oranges, pears, lemons, mangos

I want the data cell to show that I selected: apples, oranges, pears (for
example).

Is this possible? *- Hide quoted text -

Dear Gord Dibben,

I've got the same problem and while searching on the Internet to find
out anyway to get a drop-down list with check-box element inside, I
found this article but it is still not exactly what I would like to
have..

I've already seen somebody using a speadsheet with a multichoice drop-
down list, it looks like a autofilter fucntion and allow you to select
more than one criteria for your filtration. when you click on the
arrow on right side of the cell, it show you a drop-down list with all
the check-boxes in side the list, then you can select whatever item by
click on approriate checkbox. And at the bottom of the dropdown list,
there is 2 buttons, OK and Cancel, if you select OK, then the
Filtration process will start with all the criteria you've selected in
checkboxes inside that drop-down list.

I really want to know how to get this done, even by VBA macro but I
could not find anything like this on the internet. I really
appreciated if you can help me to point out where is the right
direction to find any solutions for this problem.

Thank you very much and look forward to your feedback soon..

Best regards,
Hao.