Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Sean Moor[_2_] Sean Moor[_2_] is offline

Default Can charts automatically change by entering new range of dates

Hey Jon,

Wow thanks for those links. The one I found that will work the best is the
Interactive Chart Creation as anyone can pick where they want the chart to go
and what data boom done.

Few questions though. It does come up as a built-in chart style which I
would prefer either a column or pie chart instead is there a way in the
macro/vbe to change so instead of the built-in one thats in there to make a
different kind of chart instead so I don't have to change the chart type
after its created.

As well for my weekly report I do end up having around 4 different charts
plotting 2 stats on each. Is there a way with this interactive setup to
generate 4 different charts at one time like that instead of doing one and
then just following the same set up and doing it again to 3 more?

Thanks again

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

I don't think a macro would be any easier than setting up a worksheet- or
formula-based solution, especially if you're not familiar with VBA. There
are no "easy macro setups" if you don't know how to set up the problem. VBA
isn't magic, it only does what Excel can do, but allows you to do it
automatically.

I suggest you refer to the tutorial I cited, perhaps after reading about
dynamic charts and defined names.

Dynamic Charts:
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...umnChart1.html
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DynamicLast12.html
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...hartLinks.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Sean Moor" wrote in message
And BTW would it be easier to be creating a macro for this setup or no?..
If
so whats the best place I can go to to find out an easy macro setup?

"Sean Moor" wrote:

I am creating a Dashboard report for my Accounting department at work and
have a weekly one I set up with links for the series of a chart to
another
worksheet. Easy. But what I am trying to do is instead of creating a
new
one each week by changing the link location for the data is there a way I
can
just enter in a range of dates and the charts automatically change and
filer
in the new data without me having to change the link in the series where
the
data entry is coming from??