Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom Peo Sjoblom is offline

Default How can I make a drop down box visible within a worksheet?

You might want to check out the original post before you post something

The OP asked

"How do you create a combo box in Excel 2007"

it has nothing to do with autofilter

Peo Sjoblom

"Bonnie" wrote in message
OMG is everyone kidding? all you have to do is click on the cell you want
have the drop down box arrow appear then go to DATA on the menu toolbar
and
click FILTER then Click AUTO FILTER thats it. also make sure u highlight
the
information you want to appear in the drop down menu.

"sparrot" wrote:

I am not sure what you mean by "Put the range with your list in the
listfillrange and the cell you want to link to" I got to that part and
am stumped.

Thanks

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Office button Excel Options, make sure "Show Developer Tab" is
selected.
Click the Developer tab Controls Insert Combobox from the active x
controls,
right click the drop down and select properties, in that pane that
opens.
Put the range with your list in the
listfillrange and the cell you want to link to. Click the design mode
button
to get out
of design mode

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
(Remove ^^ from email)

--
Jenny

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

You can't using datavalidation, you can if you use a combobox from
the
control toolbox

Peo Sjoblom

"skittles_golf" wrote in message
I have created several Drop Down boxes in a worksheet but I want to
make
them
visible so people know there is a drop down box there. Right now
the
arrow
doesn't show until you click on that cell. Please help I am not
quite
sure
how to format it so the drop down arrow stays.
--
Jenny