Nick Turner

Hi Gary

If I understand your question properly, you could you the "Indirect function"

eg "=INDIRECT(CONCATENATE("Sheet",C3,"!a1"),TRUE) "

This formula will return the value in A1 on the sheet that you choose (1, 2,
3, ...n) in cell C3, where the sheet names are Sheet1, Sheet2, Sheet3,
....Sheenn

you could ammend this formula slightly to match your sheet names and the
cell references that you want to return

hope this helps

Nick

"gbeard" wrote:

I have 6 different sheets in my workbook 1 for each of my 5 different
districts in my company and one main sheet. Is it possible to put the
district number in a cell on the main sheet and then reference that cell in
an IF statement to pull data from a particular district? By changing the
value in that single cell, I'd be able to find the same data from each of my
districts.
BTW, I can't use a VLOOKUP or HLOOKUP since the data I am trying to pull is
not in numerical order.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated,
Gary