Peter Aitken

"dshigley" wrote in message
Say for example I have three columns; the first is a name column, second
is
color and third is cost. I am trying to create a formula that will sum
all
cells in the third column (cost) that matches the criteria of the name
"Bob"
in column A AND "Red" in column B. I know I am close and I know I can use
the "*" somehow but I can't figure out the syntax. Any help is
appreciated.

In my experience, if you want to sum based on 2 or more criteria you have to
use DSUM. SUMIF works with only 1 criterion.

--
Peter Aitken