dshigley

I did a search on my question before I posted and one of last years answers
was the exact same thing. I tried that formula but cannot seem to get it to
work. Thanks though.

Dan

"Duke Carey" wrote:

Try

=sumproduct(--(A2:A100="Bob"),--(B2:B100="Red"),C2:C100)

"dshigley" wrote:

Say for example I have three columns; the first is a name column, second is
color and third is cost. I am trying to create a formula that will sum all
cells in the third column (cost) that matches the criteria of the name "Bob"
in column A AND "Red" in column B. I know I am close and I know I can use
the "*" somehow but I can't figure out the syntax. Any help is appreciated.