Arvi Laanemets

Hi

Create an helper column with formula in it (an example for row a2 below):
="" & B2
and sort your data on this helper column.

Arvi Laanemets

"confused on the tundra"
wrote in message ...
I have about 1350 5 and 6 digit numbers starting in column B2 that I would
like to be sorted. About 200 of the numbers have "A" at the end along with

coulpe that have "B", "C", "D", and "E" . All the numbers with a letter

are
six digits long if that helps i.e. 123456A. Now when I sort the numbers

sort
fine but all the numbers with a letter attached are at the bottom of the
list, presumably as text. How can get the numbers and text"numbers" to

sort
together?