Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Josh W Josh W is offline

Default How do I sum up random cells

Thanks Bob! Can I apply the sum in the status bar automatically or do I have
to insert the sum manually into the sheet.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Select the random cells using CTrl-Click, then look in the bottom right of
the statusbar, you will see a sum. If it is count, right-click and select
SUM.

--
HTH

Bob

"Josh W" wrote in message
Rick, let me try to explain better. Say I want to add up the values of 40
different cells which are located all over the page (not in order neither
vertically nor horizontally). How do I do that? If I were to follow your
advice and type in the + sign and the cells it would take me for
ages...Thanks.

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote:

If your question is as simple as it sounds, then just put an equal sign
in
front of what you posted and place that in a cell...

=A2+A7+C4+D7+G3

However, you use of the word "random" in the subject line seems to
indicate
you might have a more complex question... do you?

Rick

"Josh W" wrote in message
I want to add up the values of various discontiguous cells in a
worksheet
e.g. A2+A7+C4+D7+G3. What is the quickest way to do this? The autosum
function doesn't seem to work for this. Excel 2003. Thanks.