Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tufts Tufts is offline

Default Parsing formatted data

Thanks Dave. Worked like a charm! I appreciate the help.

Phillip

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

If the delimiter is the alt-enter (like you use when you force a new line in a
cell), you can try this:

Select the single column range to parse.
Data|Text to columns (xl2003 menus)
delimited
and check other
Use ctrl-j (hold the control key when you hit lower case j)

And finish up.

Does it work?

Tufts wrote:

I received a spreadsheet with the address already pre-formatted for a label
but I need to parse that data into individual fields. The pre-formatted data
has a next line/carriage return at the end of each line. How do I do a parse
when the delimiter is several carriage returns within a single cell?

--

Dave Peterson