Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Alan124 Alan124 is offline

Default Can I use TMP files to recover a deleted xls file?

On Apr 3, 12:35*am, TShirtPrintUK
wrote:
We had a disastrous accident and deleted anExcelfile permanently. *We still
have eleven TMP files though in the same folder (with names like RT
ORDERS.xls~RFefb0e6.TMP), and I've retrieved an old archived version of the
original .xls file with records up to March last year.

Is there some way of using the TMP files to restore the data from the
deleted version of the .xls file?

Hi,

There is a tool called Advanced Excel Repair. I have used it to repair
many corrupt Excel xls files on my damaged disks successfully. Its
homepage is http://www.datanumen.com/aer/

Maybe you can have a try.

Alan