Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bruce Sinclair Bruce Sinclair is offline

Default "Excel found unreadable content"

In article , Alan124 wrote:
On Mar 22, 12:05=A0am, mdarling
wrote:
I received the message "Excelfoundunreadablecontent" on afileI had was
opening. I've looked online and found other people with the same problem, =

but
the cause of it did not apply to the spreadsheet I was working on. In
general, what can cause me to receive the error? Are there any steps I can=
take to avoid it? How can I =A0recover my data?

You can try a popular Excel file recovery tool called Advanced Excel
Repair to repair your Excel file. It is a powerful tool to repair
corrupt or damaged Excel files.

Detailed information about Advanced Excel Repair can be found at
http://www.datanumen.com/aer/

And you can also download a free demo version at http://www.datanumen.com/ae=
r/aer.exe

... or you could try opening it with open office. Used to be a known way to
recover xl files and might still work. You might lose some formatting, but
if it's the data you care about and you can't see it now, you have nothing
to lose by trying :)