Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] fyz@datanumen.net is offline

Default When I open a saved worksheet, it opens with a gray background

On Feb 28, 4:48*am, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote:
Are you sure that the file was opened?

If you go to FilePrintPreview, can you see data?

If yes, then maybe the sheet window is just off the visible screen.

Try: * WindowArrangeTiled (and resize the way you like).

Gord Dibben *MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 12:09:05 -0800, MichelleJ

wrote:
Office 2003: *I have a user with a saved worksheet that is used on a
bi-monthly basis. *When she tried to open it on her computer it opened in a
blank gray status with no worksheets showing. *I tried to open the document
on another machine while that document was open on her's and I got the
message that it was open and locked for editing. *The size of the .xlsshows
that it is not a blank document, but you cannot see the spreadsheet or any
others (no tabs at the bottom). *Oddly enough, when I tried to access this
.xlsfrom a Office 2007 computer, the spreadsheet opened with no problems. *
This .xlshad never been opened with Office 2007 before as it is only
installed on 2 test computers in my office. *Also, this problem is not
consistent with all of her .xlsfiles. *Only the one. *Is this acorrupt
document that needs to be restored from backup? *Or is it something else?- Hide quoted text -

Maybe your xls file is corrupt. You may try a popular Excel file
recovery tool called Advanced Excel Repair to repair your Excel file.
It is a powerful tool to repair corrupt or damaged Excel files.

Detailed information about Advanced Excel Repair can be found at
http://www.datanumen.com/aer/

And you can also download a free demo version at http://www.datanumen.com/aer/aer.exe

Alan