Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Fred Smith[_4_] Fred Smith[_4_] is offline

Default not allowing duplicates if 2 criteria are met

How are you controlling the entry of data? Macro? Manual input? We'll need
to know that before we can suggest a solution. Also, using colors to identiy
a condition is tough to check. Can you check for the condition which turns
the row red instead?

Regards,
Fred

"Kevin" wrote in message
Hi, I am trying to find a way to limit entries based on 2 criteria. For
instance, if column A, row 13 is Smith and row 14 is red, it won't allow
column A row 16, Smith and row 17 red, but it would allow Smith, Blue.
Basically, I want to fill 2 cells with info and not have both cells
repeated
somewhere else in that row. The 2 rows will always be in numerical order
by
the way. Is this possible?