Dave Peterson

Thanks for posting back.

Now google has your response that it works.

Steven wrote:

Dave,
You are the MAN!!! This solutions you proposed worked and you have just
saved 5 months worth of work for me. Open Office is amazing for handling the
limitations of Excel. There is a new Open Office version 2 Beta vesion that
I also used which is just as amazing. THANK YOU for saving my skin!!!

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Some info:

XL: Error Message: Too Many Different Cell Formats

A few people have posted that they could open the file in OpenOffice, then
remove some of the formatting, save it and then excel would open that file ok.

http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD

Steven wrote:

I am working on creating a spreadsheet. It contains a lot of conditional
format as well as cell formats. I went to change a cell background color and
a message came up that said "Too many different cell formats" and would not
let me proceed. I closed the document and then tried to reopen it and now I
can't get my document to open. I would revert to a previous saved point if I
could get to it but I can't. I need help from those gurus out there.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson