Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MartinW MartinW is offline

Default Desperately need a command or something!

Hi Mitch,

You can use a helper column like this.
Say your helper is col D.
Put a 1 in D23 (D1 to D22 to be left blank)
Then highlight D1:D23
Grag the fill handle and drag down to the end
of your data, hold down Ctrl before letting go
of the left button. This should leave D with
22 Blanks cells then a 1 followed by another
22 Blanks then a 1 etc. etc. down the page.

Then highlight the top row of your data plus the helper
And go to DataFilterAutofilter
From the D dropdown select Blanks
And delete all the rows that are left
Turn Autofilter off and you should be done.

HTH
Martin

"mitch phelps" <mitch wrote in message
I need to delete muliple rows in the excel file and would like to repeat
the
pattern throughout the file as I'm looking for specific rows to keep and I
have tons of rows. I'm looking for a shortcut instead of spending hours
deleting rows.

For example: I need to be able to delete 22 rows then skip one row, delete
22 rows then skip one row, and so on.

I am really needing help!