Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
CLR CLR is offline

Default ####

See the HELP section for a good explanation of the ####. It could be that
your column is just not wide enough to display the entry.

If you are trying to add LEADING zeros to a string, type an apostrophe
first. It will not show up on the cell, only in the formula bar, and changes
the cell format to TEXT. Or, you can just format the cell for TEXT before
inserting the leading zeros.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Teri" wrote:

What does it mean when these ##### come up? how do I fix it?
Also, how do I add ZERO's? When I add a ZERO, it is not included.