Jim Rech

Do you think there is some special with your internal link sites? If not,
maybe you can do an example using links to say Microsoft.com, etc.

I entered text in a cell. I right-click the cell and pick Hyperlink. I go
to Browsed Pages and pick Microsoft.com and click OK. I click the link and
IE opens to the MS site. I save the file and exit Excel. I restart Excel
and open the file. I click the link and it still goes to the MS site. I
right click the link and pick Remove Link. The font instantly changes from
blue to black and the cell no longer has a link.

Can you descript in similar step-by-step detail how to recreate the problem?

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"Lynde" wrote in message
| Jim,
| Yes, Edit Clear All does get rid of ALL hyperlinks and text in the
cell,
| but that doesn't explain why I'm having a problem with the hyperlinks to
| begin with. Let me try to explain further: I add a hyperlink to a cell
| that has text in it. The link works correctly when I click on it. I
close
| out of Excel. Some time later when I go back in the workbook, that link
may
| not be going to the same URL I just put in it. Also, some of the cells
with
| incorrect links now seem to have several different links within that one
| cell. (e.g. using the 'insert hyperlink' and 'remove link' option INSTEAD
OF
| Edit Clear All I find two or more different links in the cell.) We
| regularly have to add and delete rows. Would this effect the hyperlinks?
| Also, I'm wondering if someone 'sorted' on one of the columns via Data
| Sort, saved the file, and then later tried to return it to it's original
| state. Would this effect the hyperlinks?
|
| I might be able to send you a scaled down version of this spreadsheet, but
| you will not be able to access any of the links.
|

| "Jim Rech" wrote:
|
| I'm not sure I'm following you completely but if you do an Edit, Clear,
All
| don't you then wind up with an empty cell into which you then insert the
| new hyperlink?
|
| --
| Jim Rech
| Excel MVP
| "Lynde" wrote in message
| |I hope I can explain this well enough for everyone to understand. Here
| goes:
| | I am using Excel 2003. I have a workbook that has approx. 2,300 Rows
of
| | data. Within each row there are 4 Columns that contain different
| hyperlinks
| | that go to corporate websites. I have come across some errors where
the
| | hyperlinks are going to the wrong URL. Sometimes when I click the
'Insert
| | Hyperlink' button and 'Remove Hyperlink', I find that when I go to
relink
| the
| | cell, it still has another hyperlink even though I just removed one.
It's
| | like there were two different hyperlinks in one cell. How does this
| happen?
| | And is there a way to fix it or prevent it from happening again? Also
| note,
| | that many people use this workbook. Once a month it gets filtered
(using
| the
| | AutoFilter feature and Custom AutoFilter) and unneeded cells are
deleted.
| | Would doing this repeatedly on the same workbook effect the
hyperlinks?
| | Please let me know if this is not clear. I am unable to send the
workbook
| | anyone due to corporate policies and confidential information.
| |