Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Niek Otten Niek Otten is offline

Default Extract numerator from fraction

< I thought I could do this by converting text to columns with the "/" as a delimiter

You were on the right track.

This is easiest with helper columns, but can be done in one formula:

=RIGHT(TEXT(A1,"? ?/?"),LEN(TEXT(A1,"? ?/?"))-FIND("/",TEXT(A1,"? ?/?")))

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel