Ken Wright

What versions Excel?

File sounds like it may be partially corrupted. Excel 2002 upwards has a
File / Open & repair option that may help

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"Anthony" wrote in message
This sounds a lot like a problem I am having. Have a workbook with
macros/formulas that I e-mail to others when I update it. Has worked fine

for
over a year until yesterday it started giving the 'File Error: data may be
lost' when they open it, then lots of clicks thru error messages. Then it
opens with data gone.

Odd thing is it still works fine for me at my home and work PC's. But not
for them at all. If I send them a previous version, that one works fine

too,
so I am very confused.

Is probably important to note that this newest update contains new info
copy/pasted from other's worksheets that I did not create. But I do not

know
enough about this problem to search in the new data and fix.

Can't go back to older version because too many changes in the new.

If anyone can assist, much appreciated.

"Ken Wright" wrote:

Not sure to be honest as I would have expected the Break links option to
work. If you know where the links are then you can do it manually, or

by
all means send it to me and I'll take a quick look for you. You would

need
to take the NOSPAM bit out of my email addy.

You can also try Bill Manville's excellent FINDLINK addin:-

http://www.bmsltd.ie/mvp/

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"Tbird2340" <tbird2340(AT)hotmail.com wrote in message
I tried the file detect repair and that didn't do anything...

However,
the file in question has links that can't be updated. Apparently the

user
that created this template lnked it to files on his desktop and then
published the template to the network.. There are 3 links.. I'm going

"Edit Links" and I'm trying to break the links to the three files...

can
break the link to one of the files but the other two stay there when I

try
to break the links..

Any ideas?? I think this may have something to do with the data loss..

How
can I break these other two links?

Thanks!