Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
J Austin J Austin is offline

Default Error while saving

I am using E2007 on an Vista Ultimate Sony laptop (2GB plus a 4GB thumb
drive). I have a fairly large file (been working in binary) and linked to an
Access table. Within the workbook have created several PT tables and charts.
THe charts are linked to a Word 2007 document. These were working fine and
all of a sudden I am not able to save the Excel file. Have tried several
approaches and re-established the Access link. Finally, it saved and I did
some more development. After a successful save, opened the Excel file and
immediately tried to save without any changes and again got the error. If I
permit it to "fix" the file I get a message that the errors were so extensive
that it couldn't do anything. I have run the Office 2007 "fix" and have kept
all programs up to date. I have also tried saving in default format without
success. From other posts have tried copying worksheets to a blank workbook
but have not been able to clear the error.

Any ideas on where to look for what is causing an error and how to fix?