Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Mike Rogers[_2_] Mike Rogers[_2_] is offline

Default # sign

Duplatt

Did you try to make the column wider or just check that it is the same width
as others? Sounds to me that if you accually drag the column wider, like
Dave suggested, it will show correctly.

Mike Rogers

"Duplatt" wrote:

Dave, Thanks for responding: The font is 8, the format is General. Column
width and row height are ok. It was ok a few days ago. Formula's have not
changed. The correct number is there when the curser touches the cell. I'm
stumped
Duane

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Try widening the column or changing the font to something smaller.

And if the cell is formatted as time or date, then the value can't be negative
(except with a setting to use the 1904 date system).

Duplatt wrote:

I have several cells that refer to other cells ie: = Sheet1!$b$21
they worked fine until a couple days ago. Now they all have # in them
instead of the number (general) in Sheet1!$B$21
The formula shows ok and if i put the curser on the cell it shows the number
in the referred to cell.
I know I must have done something wrong, but don't know what.
How can I get the numbers to show?
Thank You
Duane

--