Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Duplatt Duplatt is offline

Default # sign

Dave, Thanks for responding: The font is 8, the format is General. Column
width and row height are ok. It was ok a few days ago. Formula's have not
changed. The correct number is there when the curser touches the cell. I'm
stumped
Duane

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Try widening the column or changing the font to something smaller.

And if the cell is formatted as time or date, then the value can't be negative
(except with a setting to use the 1904 date system).

Duplatt wrote:

I have several cells that refer to other cells ie: = Sheet1!$b$21
they worked fine until a couple days ago. Now they all have # in them
instead of the number (general) in Sheet1!$B$21
The formula shows ok and if i put the curser on the cell it shows the number
in the referred to cell.
I know I must have done something wrong, but don't know what.
How can I get the numbers to show?
Thank You
Duane

--