Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Naum Naum is offline

Default row-based Bar Chart: How to make bars colorful?

Andy, you rule!

Works great, thank you! I have chosen 2nd solution because in the first one
(plot series by columns) I needed to make sure series names (column headers)
would still show as labels to the left of vertical axle...

I am posting new question though, regarding a macro, associated with a check
box...

"Andy Pope" wrote:

Hi,

Two ways. Change the series to be plotted by Columns. Right click chart and
pick Source Data.
On the Data Range tab select Series In: Columns. This will make each data
point a series.

The other way is the select the series and on the Format dialog select the
Options Tab. On there is the choice to ' Vary color by point'

To manually change a single data points fill colour you can select the
series, pause and then select the specific point. When you format the point
only that point is effected.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Naum" wrote in message
I have a Bar Chart based on a single row. Each bar represents a value in a
cell in that row. When I mouseover a bar they all show same series name
(row)
but different points (columns). All bars are same color. How do I make
colors
different when it is all one series? When I change color for that series,
all
bars switch to selected color...

Thank you