Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Eric Eric is offline

Default How can I center a number in "comma" format?

No, that's not the problem I see.

When I talk about comma format, I'm talking about what I get when I click on
the comma on the formatting toolbar. I believe that results in Accounting
format.

FSt1 has made a good suggestion. If I use Number format and click the "Use
1000 separator (,)", that has the same result as to the comma, but does not
disallow centering. It's not quite as easy as just clicking the comma on the
toolbar, but it gets the result I want.

Thanks for your suggestion.

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi Eric

I don't think the problem is the comma, it is proportional fonts when
dealing with numbers, and trying to centre.

You could give the appearance of centred, by formatting the cells as Right
(indent) 2
Depending upon the width of your column, you might have to alter the indent
value.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Eric" wrote in message
As far as I can tell, the "comma" format does not allow a number to be
centered horizontally in a cell. Is there a way to override this?

Thanks.